San Cristobal is where we find the Galapagos´ second airport, within a walking distance from the city. Here we will hike in the hills of Cerro Tijeretas, where we will encounter the Magnificent Frigate birds. After some recreational snorkeling and swimming in the bay, we continue our walk to the beach nearby where we will have a chance to interact with a big colony of sea lions, the most popular specie of the enchanted archipelago. On the second day, we will go to El Junco, the biggest freshwater source in all of the Galapagos, and then have a chance to relax at the picture-perfect beach of Puerto Chino.
Optional you can go snorkeling in one of the best places in the Galapagos islands, known as Kicker rock, a fantastic tuff formation where you can find schools of sharks, rays, sea turtles, and more! A highly recommended activity for good swimmers.
What is included in the tour
- Tourguide English/Spanish speaking
- Hotel in Puerto Baquerizo Moreno (3n)
- Breakfast (3 mornings)
- Tour to San Cristobal Highlands // Half day tour with guide
- Hiking Cerro Tijeretas and Bay Snorkel // Half day tour with guide
- Transfer out to Baltra Airport
- Transfer in & out from San Cristobal Airport/Harbor
What is NOT included in the tour
Air Ticket Quito/Guayaquil to San Cristobal, Galapagos (can be booked in stage 3)
Entrance fees Galapagos National Park 100.00 USD+ TRANSIT CARD 20.00 USD. To be paid upon arrival
- San Cristobal 360-degree Boat excursion (optional) can be booked beforehand
- Any meals/services not mentioned in the inclusions
- Alcohol, soft drinks, beverages, etc.
- Personal expenses like tips, telephone calls, laundry, etc.
- The biggest fresh water resource in Galapagos
- The worlds second largest volcano crater
- Amazing snorkling with Sea turtles, Eagle Rays
- The closes encounter with Sealions you going to get
- Fantastic beaches
Day 1. San Cristobal Arrival and afternoon excursion
AM: After landing in San Cristóbal we´ll take a short ride to the hotel in town.
PM: Our tours will start with a slow walk through the small town of Puerto Baquerizo Moreno and continue to our half-day excursion to Cerro Tijeretas, ending the tour with snorkeling at the bay.
North of the town of Puerto Baquerizo is Cerro Tijeretas and Playa Carola. The paved trail will lead us to the mountain that is known as Tijeretas. Amazing panoramic view where we can find frigate birds, both species, the magnificent and the minor frigate bird. Our walk continues down to the protected bay below us, where we get a chance to snorkel or swim if you prefer. After swimming, we follow the trails that lead us to the beach of Playa Carola, where we will have our first close encounters with the many sea lions that rest and live along the beach. We then slowly walk back to town to the hotel, thinking about the amazing experience we had on the first day in the Galapagos.
Day 2. Excursion to the highlands
AM: After breakfast at the hotel, the tour will take us up to the highlands of San Cristobal, the western realms at an altitude of around 700 meters above sea level. The excursion lasts about 4-5 hours, then we are back to the town. (Lunch not included).
PM: We get into cars, the drivers are also tour guides (4 people per car), and drive up to the only large freshwater lake in the Galapagos Islands, the lake is called El Junco, here we will hike up to the crater edge and if lucky, we´ll observe frigate birds performing acrobatics very near to the surface. We then continue to “Galapaguera de Cerro Colorado”, a giant tortoise breeding center for the "Geochelone chatamensis" endemic to the island of San Cristobal. After this interesting stop, we continue to the southwestern coast and reach Puerto Chino, an isolated bay with one of San Cristobal's most beautiful beaches where we are welcome to swim. Here we might find blue-footed boobies (soles) nesting and sea lions resting, after a relaxing time we´ll return to Puerto Baquerizo.
Day 3. Day off. Optional 360-degree excursion (Must book in advance).
We take the day off, Some might want to scuba dive, some might just go for a walk, and others may take to the beach.
For adventurers, we offer an excursion known as “San Cristobal 360 degrees”, a boat trip that goes around the ENTIRE island.
This amazing tour will literally take us around San Cristobal, with different stops along the way.
1. Snorkeling at Leon Dormido, we will find schools of tropical fish, maybe eagle rays, and if very lucky a couple of species of sharks, Galapagos, and Hammerheads. Kicker Rock as the place is also known as one of the Galapagos´ absolute highlights.
2. We continue to Punta Pitt. The only place in the southern Galapagos where we get the chance to see red-footed soles (bobbies).
3. After lunch we follow the west coast on a voyage of discovery to find the beautiful Tropical bird.
4. We also have several snorkeling opportunities during this period of the trip.
5. Return to Puerto Baquerizo. (Lunch included)
This is a very exciting and eventful excursion, worth every penny, but be prepared for a 10-12 hours long day with a lot of touring included, we guaranteed you come home fulfilled and tired.
Day 4 Transfer to St. Cruz/Guayaquil/Quito
We wake up in the morning for breakfast. We have the rest of the morning free depending on the hour of our transport out of the Island. If you continue with speedboat to Santa Cruz, it will leave at approx. 07:00. The rest of us continues to the airport in San Cristobal, time at a later date.
Info: This program will connect with our Santa Cruz and Isabela programs.
Transfers; You will book Transfers separately when you make your booking, Transfers with air from/to Guayaquil/Quito includes airfare with one checked in bag.
On this tour you will stay in the following hotels:
P. Baquerizo Moreno, San Cristobal Hotel Los Algarrobos 3n
P. Baquerizo Moreno, San Cristobal. Hotel Galapagos Planet 3n (https://galapagosplanet.com.ec) or similar